Hi all,

I have a bunch of C++ source files that contain the string

PCN: sometext

where somtext is an arbitary sequence of characters.

Whenever the text "PCN:" occurs, I want to remove it and everything else to the end of the line.

To do this, I have written the following script:

while(<>)
{
my $current_line;

$current_line = $_;
$current_line =~ s/PCN:[.]*//g;

print $current_line;
}

However this only removes the "PCN:" part, leaving the rest of the string that occurs between the PCN: and the new-line undisturbed. Is there some way that I can tell perl that I want it to remove everything from PCN: onwards to the end of the line?

thanks heaps guys

David Buddrige.