Hi Paul

Operator overloading is using the same operator to serve for multiple data
types. For instance a language that differentiated between string and
numeric data may overload the '+' operator to perform string concatenation.
It is frequently used in object-oriented programming to define the action of
the usual operators on a new class. A module supporting, say, complex
numbers could overload the arithmetic operators to work on a (real,
imaginary) complex pair so that the subsequent programming is more
intuitive.

HTH,

Rob

014801c2addd$ce92cca0$64fea8c0@pkrausxp">news:014801c2addd$ce92cca0$64fea8c0@pkrausxp...