Because of the nature of the client OS, aka Win 2000, it should be capable since you
don't have to deal with differences in architectures, etc.  You might check out the
active state project, if you haven't already.  Sorry I can't be of more assistance but
I have very little experience with Windows and less with Perl on windows...

List....

http://danconia.org