On Friday 03 January 2003 03:47 pm, Steve Rinehart wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am experiencing some difficulties trying to install the module,
> Crypt::IDEA, which is required in order for me to use the Net::SSH
> module.
>
> When trying to install this module, I get the following error when
>
> attempting to do the "make":
> >perl Makefile.PL
>
> Checking if your kit is complete...
> Looks good
> Writing Makefile for Crypt::IDEA
>
> >make
>
> cp IDEA.pm blib/lib/Crypt/IDEA.pm
> cp IDEA.pod blib/lib/Crypt/IDEA.pod
>         /usr/local/bin/perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/ExtUtils/xsubpp
> -typemap
>  /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/ExtUtils/typemap -typemap typemap  IDEA.xs
>
> > IDEA.xs
>
> c && mv IDEA.xsc IDEA.c
> Please specify prototyping behavior for IDEA.xs (see perlxs manual)
>         cc -c    -D_HPUX_SOURCE -Aa -I/usr/local/include -O
> -DVERSION=\"1.01\
> "  -DXS_VERSION=\"1.01\" +z
> "-I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/PA-RISC2.0/CORE"   IDE
> A.c
> cc: "idea.h", line 5: error 1000: Unexpected symbol: "idea_cblock".
> cc: error 2017: Cannot recover from earlier errors, terminating.
> *** Error exit code 1
>
> Stop.
>

> Can anyone help me with this?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Steve Rinehart
> EDI P/A
> Utah Dept. of Health
Steve,

On my *BSD boxes most perl crypto modules already have a ported interface. On
my FreeBSD machine the port for Crypt-IDEA is "p5-Crypt-IDEA". I always check
the BSD ports before installing from CPAN. OS specific ported perl interface
modules usually install with much less hassle. Check your OS ports for ported
perl modules.

I'm not sure about ported perl crypto interfaces for Windows.

nyec