From: Paul Kraus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 06 January 2003 16:46
To: 'George Schlossnagle'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Help!!!

You could do it with Perl. Dump the output of the system call ping to a
log file. Set it up to run however often you want to check. In Linux you
could do this by setting up cron job. Not sure how you would do it in
windows.

kind of doing this from memory so let me know if I am wrong.

$var=`ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx`;
print LOG "$var\n";