From: Paul Kraus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 3:02 PM
To: Perl
Subject: Cgi Win xp Perl

I am running on a windows xp pro desktop with iis installed. I have
active state Perl installed and have been using it with out a problem. I
just started to play with cgi and I am having a lot of problems getting
it to work right. I have a static html form that's action calls the
following script. When it I hit submit all it does is display it as if
it was a text file. If I rename it to .pl then it tries to download it.
However if I have just call another test cgi script that displays some
html then it runs fine (also named .pl) with one exception it tells me
that it is to late to do -T.

So basically I need to find out how to call this script from my form and
have it execute.
Second I need to find out how to get .cgi scripts to load instead of
displaying or trying to download.
Third I need to know how to pass the -t to the compiler before my script
executes. (I am assuming this is a problem with Perl on windows not
using the shebang. Even though -w works odd.)

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use CGI;

my $q=new CGI;
print $q->header ("text/plain");
print "These are the parameters I received:\n\n";

my ($name, $value);
foreach $name ($q->param){
  print "$name:\n";
  foreach $value ($q->param($name)){