"Deborah Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> I thought I understood the answer, but I need more details.
>
> What exactly would I enter if I want a program to find the epoch time for
> midnight each night? I know how to find "current" time and date in both
> "human" time and epoch time.
>
> I want to generate a report that displays the events that are scheduled to
> occur each day. (from midnight to midnight)

Hi Deborah

I'm not at all sure you need to use any modules like Time::Local. Just
convert your epoch seconds into epoch days by dividing by 8400 (seconds per
day).

    my $epoch_today = time / 8400;

    if ($event_start / 8400 == $epoch_today or $event_end / 8400 ==
$epoch_today)
    {
        :
    }

It's easy to make this a bit more concise, but this illustrates the
principle.

HTH,

Rob