Hi,

In this example, to 'catch' if the socket could not be created, by using -> or die
"....";

    #!/usr/bin/perl -w
    use IO::Socket;
    $remote = IO::Socket::INET->new(
                        Proto    => "tcp",
                        PeerAddr => "localhost",
                        PeerPort => "daytime(13)",
                    )
                  or die "cannot connect to daytime port at localhost";

How can I use 'if' statement?
So I can handle the exception better.

    $remote = IO::Socket::INET->new(
                        Proto    => "tcp",
                        PeerAddr => "localhost",
                        PeerPort => "daytime(13)",
                    );

       cleanup();
       print "socket error";
       exit(0);
    }

I dont know how to check if a handle has not ben created. Anyone can explain to me?

Thanks,
pot