On Friday 17 Jan 2003 7:18 am, simran wrote:
> if (you are looking for connections that have come in over time) then
>       look in the log file
> else if i you are looking for the ip that is current connecting to the cgi
> script you can usually find that info in the environment variable
> REMOTE_ADDR - $ENV{'REMOTE_ADDR'} else
>       there is probably a way to get the remote ip in javascript as well, if
> that is what you want endif
>
> On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 17:50, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > My friend is doing some web programming with perl, and wanted me to help
> > him do something. He wants to create a script that will show all the IPs
> > that are connected to the http server. I have looked on through several
> > sites, and even a couple fo books I own. Yet I have failed to find a
> > solution for this. If you can come up with some tips or help, please send
> > them to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > Thank you for your time,
> >
> > Tyler Mace
> > Application Programmer
> > Sunergize, Inc.

Please bear in mind that this IP address is in all probability NOT the IP
adress of the browser, but that of some cache in between.  If you want this -
as I did, to enable reverse connections to be made, then this will be no good
(one of my machines on a dial-up with dynamic IP contacting my web server
with a 'here-I-am' message, and then the web server making an outbount ssh
connection).

There is no direct method of doing this other than getting the browser to pass
it's IP address, probably as someone said, by using a javascript.

Although this is probably completely useless to you, I got round the problem
by having my dial-up box use wget to call a CGI and from the ip-up script,
passing the local IP as an argument.

--
Gary Stainburn