Since it's commented out, it could be that somebody removed that function in previous maintenance.
Jenda Krynicky wrote:

From: "Johnson, Shaunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I am not familiar with using 'if' in a script and I have
come across a list of new scripts that I now
have to learn / maintain. In most of the scripts,
there are things that begins with if (0).

Say, for example:

--[code]

if (0) {
$path="$dest/new_local";
makepath ($path);
&first(1);
}

--[/code]

This is basicaly just a comment. if(0) {...} will be removed from the script by the optimizer.

Also, is 'makepath' an ACTUAL command? I've never
seen that before.

Well File::Path contains mkpath(), but I don't know this. Are you sure it's not defined elsewhere in the script or any of the modules it uses?

Jenda

===== [EMAIL PROTECTED] === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
When it comes to wine, women and song, wizards are allowed to get drunk and croon as much as they like.
-- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery

--
Benjamin J. Siders
Software Engineer