Below, an input I have got from dbi-users forum.

José.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 5:39 PM
To: NYIMI Jose (BMB); [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Perl OO - Dynamic method call

IMHO:  This is not bad design, is using a flexible dynamically binding language.  We
use this EXTENSIVELY in some major enterprise servers we have written in perl. As long
as you trap your exceptions (when the function does not exist in the class, this
results far cleaner code, than a long if elsif elsif elsif block, that in the end
requires you to type the same name in the if statement, and in the execution
statement.  This allows perl to do all that for you.

Lincoln