From: R. Joseph Newton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 12:23 AM
To: Ron Geringer
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Need help

Ron Geringer wrote:

> I'm pretty much used to scripting sendmail applications in tcl - and I'm
> very new to perl so this may be a dumb question. I'm working with a
sendmail
> script that I got off the internet.

path>ppm

ppm>install Mail::sendmail

The following was posted within the last three days, I believe, though I
added a couple line to the message part:

#!/usr/bin/perl5 -w

use strict;
#use warnings;
use Mail::sendmail("sendmail");

my %mail =  (
  To      => '[EMAIL PROTECTED]',
  From    => '[EMAIL PROTECTED]',
  Subject => "Message to self--Test",
  Message => <<End_Message
  This is a very short message, but it is longer than it might be is I were
truly
brief. Brevity, I've been told,. is my friend.  Brevity may not be a good
thing,
though, if it means that meaning is lost.
  The best I can say is:
"I try to be brief".
End_Message
);

Mail::Sendmail::sendmail(%mail) or die $Mail::Sendmail::error;

print "OK. Log says:\n", $Mail::Sendmail::log;