From: R. Joseph Newton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 11:58 PM
To: Ron Geringer
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: still needing help

Ron Geringer wrote:

> This is your script - which I put in the cgi-bin
>
> /usr/bin/perl

No, it is not.  His script had a script header of:

#!/usr/bin/perl

Which is a comment only on a Windows machine.  On a Linux box, it is a
critical direction to the OS as to how to process the rest of the file.  It
must have the #! p[lus the exact path from root to the perl exectable.  Do
not uncomment, ever!  It is harmless in Windows, and critical on 'Nix

Joseph