David O'Dell wrote:
I am having trouble sending a command wihtout waiting for a response.
After I telnet in I send a command
GET_STATS <return>
<return>
then the data prints out.
However when I try to send the command like this:

$t->cmd("GET_STATS");

it times out becasue I think it is waiting for a response, however no data is returned until a second command is issued
$cs->cmd("");

What or who wrote GET_STATS (specifically do you have control over its behavior)? It seems very odd that you would need to send a second return, which indicates to me it is waiting for some input on STDIN, which is very odd behavior for a command (are you missing some switch for it not to be expecting input on STDIN?). Perhaps have you tried sending either a ';' after you command to force the shell to realize that at least it is completed?

For instance,

$t->cmd("GET_STATS;");

Or maybe, sending something like:

$t->cmd("GET_STATS < echo 1");

To force there to be something coming from STDIN on the remote location?

These are just wild guesses, HTH,

http://danconia.org