I'm trying to write a Makefile.pl to distribute module. By just playing
around, I believe I've kind of got the hang of how to make sure my
module gets put in the right place.

However, I have several files that need aren't modules but are needed
for my script. One of these is a data file. How do I set up Makefile.pl
to make sure this data file gets put in a place where the script can
read it?

Also, I would like for the Makefile.pl to put an executable in an
appropriate place (/usr/bin, or whaterver) so the user can run my script
with just a command.

I have looked on the web but haven't found any straightforward
documentation.

Thanks

Paul