This script is running where my e-mail client is
(MicroSoft Look)...
I am not running on remote......
I am running on local....Network

I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002
I used following procedure to get the my-email server
name
-----
1. On Outlook "Tools====>options====>Mail
Setup===>E-mail Accounts==>view existing E-mail
Accounts==
==>microsoft exchange server==>"Double click on
Microsoft exchange server"==

I got following

IVHPXC0003

Then i did ping...I got some IP address

then I did nslookup
then I got the following host name

ivhpxc0003.ap.bdi.gte.com

Is this is not my SMTP server ?

what could be the reasons for not getting the
connection.....

Then i setup the debug option.....

After that i got following error
=============
 Couldnt make Connection: Unknown error
=======

How to set debug option....
is following is correct...
following is my script

---------
sub send_mail {
            my ( $to, $from, $subject , @body)=@_ ;

            use Net::SMTP ;

            my $relay='ivhpxc0003.ap.bdi.gte.com';
                        print "relay is : $relay\n";
            my $smtp=Net::SMTP->new($relay,
                                Hello => '[EMAIL PROTECTED]',
                                Timeout => 30,
                                Debug => 1) ;
                        print "SMTP is : $smtp\n";
            die " Couldnt make Connection: $!\n"  if
(! defined $smtp)  ;
            $smtp->mail($from) ;
            $smtp->to($to);
            $smtp->data();
            $smtp->datasend("TO: $to\n");
            $smtp->datasend("From: $from\n");
            $smtp->datasend("Subject: $subject \n");
            $smtp->datasend ("\n" ) ;
            foreach (@body) {
                        $smtp->datasend("$_ \n") ;
           }
            $smtp->dataend() ;
            $smtp->quit ;
           }

           @body=( "This is a TEST MESSAGE" ) ;

&send_mail('[EMAIL PROTECTED]','[EMAIL PROTECTED]',
"hello", @body);