[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi all,

well i really need a server ----  :-)
thanks,
KM

Still confused as to why, but ok...

How will your clients be connecting to the server? I would suggest having a look at:

perldoc -f fork
perldoc -f wait
perldoc -f waitpid
perldoc perlipc

You may also want to have a look at:

http://search.cpan.org/modlist/Server_Daemon_Utilities
http://poe.perl.org

http://danconia.org

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Wiggins d'Anconia wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi,

well  to make it clear -- i need to make a server -- a  constantly running
process --
suppose if  i want to get a daily report of the frequency of all the users
logging in and out on the system  from the daemon written in perl -- how do i do that ?
thanks,
KM
You probably wouldn't need a daemon/server at all if you are just
looking for a daily report. You should use whatever facility your
particular OS uses for scheduling events, cron on unix, something else
which I won't suggest I know about, on Windows or old Macs.  That
scheduler would then kick off the Perl process which can grab its data,
send the report (via email, for example) and then quit.

Would this work, or do you really need a daemon/server?

http://danconia.org