dakenah johnson wrote:
Hi all,
I am a novice to perl. I find Perl very interesting and I am studying how to write and compile perl scripts without syntax and compilation errors. I need heads up on how.

This is a very vague question...but here are some pointers:

always do:

use strict;
use warnings;

At the beginning of your scripts, this will save you many headaches later.

You can run syntax checks of your script without executing them by doing:

perl -c <name of script>

Familiarize yourself with the perldocs, check to see what is available to you by doing:

perldoc perl

And for specific error messages that you may receive, check:

perldoc perldiag

Finally don't be afraid to ask questions, here or in other forums, don't get frustrated, experience takes time to develop, and if you haven't already, check out "Learning Perl" from O'Reilly (http://www.ora.com) it is an excellent resource (from what I have heard, would have been nice to know that 6 years ago ;-))

Good luck....

http://danconia.org