I'm using Mac OS X (10.2), and upgraded the default installation (5.6.0) to 5.8.0. Now, whenever I run the 'perl' command through tcsh I get this annoying error:

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
LC_ALL = (unset),
LANG = "en_US"

After the error is displayed, however, the script runs fine. I did an "env" command, and it says :

blah blah blah
LANG=en_US
more blah

This looks ok to me, as the variable "LC_ALL" is never set, and en_us is the language. How can I get rid of this annoying message?