I'm trying to write a perl wrapper to manage all my ssh sessions.  My
idea is to put the following code into a while loop.  The problem I'm
having is I would like to be able to log into a remote server and then
hit, say ^sn which would suspend the current ssh session and activate
the wrapper.  You could then log into a different server. Then you could
hit ^ls to get a list of sessions to select the session you want and bring
it to the foreground.  This is probably way beyond my capability at this
time but any pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks,
kent

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;
my $user_name = 'user_name';
my $ssh = '/usr/bin/ssh';
my @server_ip = qw (
                    137.44.55.3
                    137.44.55.210
                    137.44.55.41
                );

my %servers = (
            0 => "abaddon",
            1 => "apocalypse",
            2 => "buffy",
            q => "quit"
);

for (keys %servers) {
    print "$_ $servers{$_}\n";
}

print "Chose number: ";
chomp(my $num = <STDIN>);
unless ($num eq 'q') {
    system("$ssh $user_name\@$server_ip[$num]");
} else {
    exit;

To know the truth is to distort the Universe.
                      Alfred N. Whitehead (adaptation)