on Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:29:41 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Brian
McGraw) wrote:

> ... but I'm kind of stumped as to the best way
> to retrieve disk space data from my Win machines.

Have a look at Dave Roth's Win32::AdminMisc module.

    http://www.roth.net/perl/adminmisc/#GetDriveSpace

> I'm using Perl
> 5.8.0 on a Red Hat server, but the Win servers are not running
> perl, and since space is at a premium, I can't install it on the
> machines. Any suggestions?

Invest in ActiveState's Perl Dev Kit (it includes PerlApp, a tool to
create standalone executables from Perl programs):

    http://www.activestate.com/Products/Perl_Dev_Kit/

--
felix