Michael Pastore wrote:

> Tim/Rob/All,
>
> Being a Perl nubie....and not having alot of experience in installing and
> using Perl modules...I decided to go the route of using the system
> function..
>
> I took a look at CPAN and what was involved in installing the module and
> using it (was confused)...looked pretty involved..at least for me, rather
> than just putting:

Hi Michael,

It looks like you are operating on Windows.  If so, I would recommend that you get the
ActiveState Perl, make sure you have at least version 5.6.1, and then use ppm for
installation.  CPAN indicates that there are disadvantages to using PPM rather than
the CPAN build process, but I think the advantages far outweigh them.  Using PPM my
average install time for any new module has averaged well under 30 seconds.  Even once
when I had to remove an existing version first, it took less than 90 seconds total.
It is a good, transparent utility.

Joseph