What I wanted to do was if say HELLO was found within a text file the script
would open a xterm and display a message within that xterm say like I have
found HELLO in name of text file.

My script that I have do so far work but wanted to add a method like that the
script runs as a server and I wanted it to inform me if it finds a pattern
that I my looking for.

--
Thank You

Benjamin Jeeves