--- "R. Joseph Newton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > my $x = 1 if(0);
>
> So this is a post-test?  I don't use the form much, just because a
> find the pre-test to be more straightforward communication of the
> logic.

I have a coworker who agrees rather strongly, but still uses the post
test form. It's just really convenient sometimes.

I prefer it for simple tests, particularly because it lets you cut down
on the punctuation. For example, the parens in the above example are
entirely unnecessary.

  $y++ if $x;

works fine. :)