basically, what it does, is it reads info, and supposed to output so the
user can download the data it's just output, webserver does support scripts,
it outputs
the correct data, but my goal is to be able to get the "download file"
window up, and be able to store a "servers.ini" file from the data the perl
script outputs.

Dan

"Dan Muey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
com...
Not really sure what you're problem/goal is but if the script's code shows
up in the browser or it wants to download the script, Then your webserver
doesn't do .pl extensions. Try .cgi as the extension.
Also make sure it's executable.

If it a problem writing files try :

File::Slurp

If you're trying to write a file on a remote server try
Net::FTP
Or
SOAP::Lite

See http://search.cpan.org for those modules.