Le Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 11:37:57AM -0800, R. Joseph Newton a écrit ...

> > > I post statistics to a newsgroup called news:alt.activism.death-penalty
> > > once per week, using the 'ngstatistics' script by H. Alex LaHurreau and
> > > Davide G. M. Salvetti.  You can see the script in its entirety here ...

> > OK ... no wants to answer me.

> Well, you are going to have to do the lead work here.  this isn't just a
> concept test--it's a full application, and debugging it is the
> programmer's job.  You will probably want to start by inserting print
> statements at critical points in the script to see where it is hanging.

Good tactic, I'll try that, but still can't figure out why, if it's hanging
with one newsgroup, why isn't it doing it with them all ?

> You also will want to use an existing news application to sample the
> output from each group and examine it closely.  Look for the application
> which shows the richest header information.

Willdo.

{ snip remaining advice }

I'll keep y'all posted, then.  :-)

D.

--
Desmond Coughlan          |'Io non mori, e non rimasi vivo'
[EMAIL PROTECTED]