From: Gregg R. Allen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 5:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Gregg R. Allen
Subject: Simple Regex Problem.

So my boss just told me that he doesn't like the fact that the "From:"
field in our email database typically looks like:

"BlahBlahBlahBlah From: BlahsvilleDude
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>BlahBBlahBBlah"

(The "blahs", of course, are not literal, but can be anything.)

He wants the subject field to look like: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

I know this can be done very easily with a Perl regex but I've been
away from Perl for about two years and I've forgotten
very much.

Thanks in advance,

Gregg R. Allen