On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Manish Uskaikar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help me, regarding the trapping of system errors like segmentation fault?
> I want the program to exit only after i finish completing my error_log file.

1) What kind of errors are you looking at?
2) Is this a perl question?
3) Are you getting a segmentation fault when you run your perl script?
If the answer to question 3 is yes, you should propably file a
bug. As far as trapping a segmentation fault goes you will have to define
a handler for the SIGSEGV signal.
$SIG{'SEGV'} = 'IGNORE'; # this will ignore the SIGSEGV signal

Caution: Trapping SIGSEGV is never recommended and is dangerous. You must
be looking at fixing it rather than trapping it.