Hello folks,

I am new to this list and perl.  I am wanting to find or perhaps write a
script which will index religious works such as the apocrypha or the
dhammapada.  These texts usually take the form of:

Book Chapter:Verse
Passage

Does anyone know of such a script? And, if there is not already such a
script, is perl an appropriate language to write such a script in?

In addition I am in need of a good and complete introduction to perl.  I
found a book entitled BEGINNING PERL at the perl document site. Is this a
good place to start, and what other web books/tutorials do you all
recommend besides this one?

Thanks,

Matthew Stapleton