From: Wiggins d'Anconia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 14:42
To: Johnstone, Colin
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Trouble running perl scripts.

Johnstone, Colin wrote:
> Gidday All,
>
> I should be past this now.
>
> I hope someone can help, my host refuses to help.
>
> I have written this simple perl script to test it on my host. I always have trouble
> when I write a new script and upload it to this host it runs fine on my server here
> at work.
>
> <code>
> #!/usr/bin/perl -w
>
> print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";
>
> print "Hello World !";
> </code>
>
> I ftp it in ASCII format set the appropriate permissions and still it doesn't run.
>
> I get an Internal Server error.

I assume you don't have access to the error logs to determine why you
are getting the 500 error.  Are you sure the path to perl is correct? I
also assume you don't have shell access to try and run the program from
the command line?  You are sure your host provides a script aliased
directory, and that you have the script in the correct location?

Naturally these are obvious questions, but want to make sure they are
asked before suggesting anything more complex...

http://danconia.org