Rob Richardson wrote:

> Stefan,
>
> Personally, I'd prefer:
>
> if (target ne "MAIN")
> {
>    #do lots of other stuff
> }
>
> I think general programming practice discourages multiple return points
> in subroutines.
>
> RobR

I disagree.  While one should certainly exercise care when making an early return, and
clean up any external links that may have been created, such constructs can make for
very clear and efficient code.  Usually, I do it first thing after taking arguments.
It just makes sense, before you jump into a process, to see if you really need to do
the process at all.  Among other things, early returns act as very elegant handlers
for the stopping cases in recursive functions.

Joseph