mel awaisi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i have the script below retest.pl, and whe i try to run it i get nothing.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] cgi-bin]# perl retest.pl
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] cgi-bin]#
>
> -----------------------------------------retest.pl
> # Open Sendmail
> open(MAIL, "|/usr/lib/sendmail -t");
> # Write to the sendmail program
> print MAIL "To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]";
> print MAIL "From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]";
> print MAIL "Subject:Your Subject\n\n";
> print MAIL "Your message here";
> # Close the sendmail program
> close(MAIL);
>
> Cheers
> Mel

Mel, what is going on here?  A few days ago, you posted two scripts together,
one of which was apparently working well and doing what you are trying to do
with this.  That script used Net::SMTP and was much more elaborate and robust
that this one.  You indicated that that script was working, but that you
wanted it to wrok together with the other one.  Now after combining the other
two, you have posted a completely different mail script, and one that could
not possibly be mistaken for the earlier one, if you had actually looked at
both.

You do not seem to have noticed the difference.  This indicates to me a
serious problem with your approach to using assistance.

Folks on this list are trying to help people who are writing their own code.
We post examples so that people can follow the flow of the logic and see its
effects.  These are meant to be studied to understand the operations they
contain.  They are not meant to be simply pasted into your script as working
code.

Please post again, and try to explain in detail what you are learning about
the processes contained in these scripts.

Joseph