Good evening,

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to make a portion of my script work.
Basically I'd like to split a specific field and use the names from an array
as the scalar variable names for each field.  Here is a snip of my code:

# Begin Code
$data = "A      Tab     Separated       Data    File";
@fields = qw/field1 field2 field3 field4 field5/;
(@fields) = split("\t",$data);
Print "$field2\t";
Print "$field3\n";
# End Code

The print statements don't output "Tab" or "Separated" like I'd like them to
do.  What am I doing wrong here?  What is the best way to do this type of
function?

Thank you very much for any assitance you can provide.

Joshua Scott
Security Architect, CISSP
626-568-7024

it from your computer.