"Michael Weber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Just wondering.
>
> After I debug my perl scripts do I still need the strict and warnings
> flags?
>
> Does it hurt performance having them?
>
> Does it hurt security removing them?
>
> The scripts are for system admin only, not CGI where I would assume
> they should be left in.

My large programs usually have a state object. What I like to do is look at
a warning as an event and set my own handler for $SIG{__WARN__} that emails
me my state object ala Data::Dumper.

So at that point I consider warmings a requirement and not a development
option.

Todd W.