LoBue, Mark wrote:
> On my HP-UX systems, the location of perl changed from 10.2 to 11
>
> 10.2 = /usr/local/bin/perl
>
> 11 = /opt/perl/bin/perl
>
> And, I couldn't add a link because /opt and /usr are 2 different
> logical volumes, so, I had to change the first line of my scripts to
> point to the new perl.

A symbolic link is fine. The canonical location for perl on the #! line is
/usr/bin/perl, which should be a link to the actual binary you want to run.
That way you can avoid having to change all your scripts. The perl
installation will create this link for you, BTW.

  ln -s /opt/perl/bin/perl /usr/bin/perl