I am reading in a file of one line sentences, and then
selecting to store several sentences into an array
based upon the presence of some key words.  I then
want to assign the array to a hash.  The output of the
array will look something like this:

Player1: 1
Player2: 1
Player3: 1
Player1: 2
Player1: 3
Player4: 1
Player3: 2
Player2: 2

If this were the array in total, I would expect, or at
least want my hash to look like this (given that it
just happens to be sorted alphabetically):

Player1: 3
Player2: 2
Player3: 2
Player4: 1

is that a correct expectation?
Also, to get the numbers to the right of the colon,
I'd have to have a count for each occurrence of each
player, how might I do that?
The code I have so far is below.  I didn't include
anything with hashes because everything I tried so far
gave me unexpected and unwanted results.

So, how do I assign an array into a hash?
by assigning an array to a hash, it will overwrite
common key values, correct? (Player1, Player2, etc)
How can I maintain a separate count for each player's
line? (A player's line is a line inwhich his name
appears in a selected line)

thanks in advance for any help. -stu