> Hi All

Howdy

> I my query a MySQL database and have the following code
>
> while (@temp = $table->fetchrow_array ()) {
>       some code
>       {

 I think you mean } not { :)

> my problem is that I want the results from the database query
> to be access by using $temp[0] for the first row then
> $temp[1] for the second row and so on.

Sure is and you've already got that:
         while (@temp = $table->fetchrow_array ()) {
                print "$temp[0] $temp[1] $temp[2] $temp[4]";
                # or whatever
         }

Outside of the while loop you'll only have one version of @temp if any, so if you need
use $temp[n] outside the while loop you'll need to assignthe values to an outside
variable
Perhaps a hash.

If there's only going to be one record returned you can just do:

my @temp = $table->fetchrow_array($query);
And skip the prepare and execute stuff. Then you could use
$temp[n] wherever your @temp was declared

> So is it possable to do this and if so how or where can I
> find the info.

 perldoc DBI

HTH

DMuey