Help needed for Perl script
Hi all,

I am new to this group. I need help regarding a perl script which parses the
web log file, access_log.

The format of the access_log is:

127.0.0.1 - - [15/Jun/2003:13:54:02 -0100] "GET /xxxx HTTP/1.1" 200 34906

The goal is to

1. Perfom a count of the pages for the given timestamp. It is possible that
multiple pages exist with the same timestamp (As the timestamp I mentioned
above).
2. Within a range of time interval, say, 15 minutes starting with the
timestamp of the first line in the log file, I would like to compute the
average of the number of pages, minimum and maximum number of pages in that
interval.

3. I would like the output as below. Following is just an example.

Time Average Pages Min Pages Max Pages
15/Jun/2003:14:09:02 6.5 3 10
15/Jun/2003:14:24:02 5.5 4 7

I shall appreciate an early response.