Hi,
The follow is a script I wrote designed to send mail messages with predefined
attachments, as an alerts coming from Big Brother system.
That is how it works: As soon as mail arrives from Big Brother, files named "down" &
"up" generated by a .procmailrc file. The down & up files are trigger files that once
exists, generate a mail massage with the predefined attachment (which are different
for, which is specific for each server & service (there are 23 servers & 4 services).
There is a directory tree of all servers & services. Each time down & up files
generates in the right path respectively to the service+server damaged.
I wrote this script for a single server+service. My problem now is how to make this
work with multiple server+service. I want the program to go to the right path, take
the right down/ up file & mail it.

How would I do it?

Thanx!

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;
use Net::SMTP;
use MIME::Lite;

# defenitions
my $from_address = '[EMAIL PROTECTED]';
my $to_address = '[EMAIL PROTECTED]';
my $mail_host = 'post.tau.ac.il';
my $msg;
my $subject = 'sms alert';
my $message_body = "attached message";
my $trigger_down= '/Big_Brother/attachments/faxsrv/svcs/down';

my $trigger_up= '/Big_Brother/attachments/faxsrv/svcs/up';
my $attachment_down= '/Big_Brother/attachments/faxsrv/svcs/down.asc';
my $attachment_up= '/Big_Brother/attachments/faxsrv/svcs/up.asc';

# create down mail message+ attachment
(-e $trigger_down) ;
$msg = MIME::Lite->new (
  From => $from_address,
  To => $to_address,
 Subject => $subject,
  Data => $message_body,
  Type =>'TEXT',
) or die "Error creating mail message: $!\n";

$msg->attach (

  Path =>$attachment_down,
  Filename=>'down.asc',
) or die "Error adding the text message part: $!\n";

MIME::Lite->send('smtp', $mail_host, Timeout=>60);
$msg->send;

unlink $trigger_down;

# creating up mail message+ attachment

(-e $trigger_up) ;
$msg = MIME::Lite->new (
  From => $from_address,
  To => $to_address,
 Subject => $subject,
  Data => $message_body,
  Type =>'TEXT',
) or die "Error creating mail message: $!\n";

$msg->attach (

  Path =>$attachment_up,
  Filename=>'up.asc',
) or die "Error adding the text message part: $!\n";

MIME::Lite->send('smtp', $mail_host, Timeout=>60);
$msg->send;

unlink $trigger_up;

?Ronen Kfir
System Administrator