Hello,

I am running Active state Perl 5.8.0 on Windows 2000 Professional.

I am trying to run simple script that tries to parse an XLS file. The script name is
x.pl and the xls file that it tries to open is x.xls and they both exist in the same
directory.

x.pl
#############################
use strict;
use Win32::OLE qw(in with);
use Win32::OLE::Const 'Microsoft Excel';
$Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;

my $Excel = Win32::OLE->GetActiveObject('Excel.Application') ||
Win32::OLE->new('Excel.Application', 'Quit');
my $Book  = $Excel->Workbooks->Open("x.xls");
my @sheets = in $Excel->Worksheets;
my $num_sheets = $Book->Worksheets->Count;
print "There are $num_sheets sheets in x.xls\n";
$Book->Close;
##############################

Error

OLE exception from "Microsoft Excel":

'x.xls' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify
that the file location is correct.

If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used
files on the File menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed, moved,
or deleted.

Win32::OLE(0.1403) error 0x800a03ec
    in METHOD/PROPERTYGET "Open" at x.pl line 7

Can anyone tell me why I am getting this error. The file exists with the same name. I
have tried to qualify the file name with the full path, but still the same error.

TIA
Shishir