Beau,

Wouldn't Win32::API be much easier to use than Inline::C ?

José.

-----Original Message-----
From: Beau E. Cox [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 1:14 PM
To: Jenda Krynicky; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Accessing C/C++ Dlls using perl

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jenda Krynicky" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 12:35 AM

> From: Ben Crane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > I'm almost exclusively going to go with inline::c
> > since it adds the power of c and perl together (just
> > the combination I need!) :)
> >
> > Problem is, getting the inline.pm module to work. I
> > don't have nmake and have never needed it. I've always
> > put the modules into the correct dir structure under
> > lib and it's worked like a dream, now I'm having to go through nmake
> > and the whole shooting match...
>
> Erm ... you don't have nmake? What about other kind of make?
> Inline::C needs a C compiler! Also it might be a bit tricky to set up
> a compiler different than MSVC (which is the compiler used by
> ActiveStates) to work correctly with your Inline::C.
>
> While not giving you the true "power of C", FFI.pm or Win32::API
> would IMHO be the easiest. And they do not require any C compiler or
> anything.
>
> Jenda

Hi Jenda -

While Inline::C needs a compiler to actually do its
magic, the Inline::C module itself has no
XS files. That's why Ben could do the standard
"perl Makefile.PL, nmake, etc." without a compiler.

Not that it would actually work.

Aloha => Beau;

**** DISCLAIMER ****

"This e-mail and any attachment thereto may contain information which is confidential
and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are intended for the sole use of
the recipient(s) named above.
Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or
partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form) by other persons than
the designated recipient(s) is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by
telephone or by e-mail and delete the material from any computer".

Thank you for your cooperation.

For further information about Proximus mobile phone services please see our website at
http://www.proximus.be or refer to any Proximus agent.