I'm still very green to perl, so please forgive this possibly stupid question.

I want to setup a configuration file to have a list of alpha codes delimiter and a unique number that will match the code e.g.

PACT | 23
PART | 24
etc

How is the best way to read such a file into my program (hash ?) so that I can:
a.) use the alpha codes to sort out data from another file
b.) organize that data to later include that unique number.

The end result will be 2 files:
1.) list # (chronological # from the list) | unique code #
2.) list # | data

Tim

-- Tim McGeary [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]