Hi,

I have sort of a strange problem, and if anyone has a fix for it, please let
me know.  I don't know if this is perl-related or my software package.

I am using 'Reflection X' for telneting.  It's a great communications
package, witht he exception of one annoying nuance.  When I am debugging a
perl script (using -d on the command line) AND using Perl 5.8, the first
character of the current line when I "print" that variable wraps to the
previous line, then displays the rest of the line where you would expect.
This does not happen when I am running the same telnet software and using
Perl 5.6.1 (we have both).

Example of what I would see on the screen:

| DB<6> p $myFile                   /  |
| path/to/my/file                      |

Note the leading '/' is on the same line as my print statement, and making it
appear that when I display the contents of the variable, that it is in error
(since it isn't obvious or intuitive to look at the preceeding line).

Again, this is only when using Perl 5.8 and in debug mode, and works fine
when I use 5.6.1.

Sorry for the extra bandwidth, and thanks in advance for any ideas.

Jeff