Anthony> Any advice on getting through the LP/Win 32 book? I know I
Anthony> can do it but I'm getting tripped up. I've moved on to other
Anthony> chapters and I'm about to read Chapter 7 but I still haven't
Anthony> gotten arrays and hashes. My study routine consists of
Anthony> reading and taking notes; studying the notes; going through
Anthony> and coding the examples and exercises. Any advice on learning
Anthony> to program and using my time wisely? I've searched for a "How
Anthony> to learn to program" FAQ or guide/tutorial but to no
Anthony> avail. My goals are to move on to Programming Perl, Network
Anthony> Programming with Perl (Stein's book), and one of Roth's Win32
Anthony> admin books but I keep falling down. Thanks!! :-)

What was your programming background before coming to this book?
We didn't write it for non-programmers, and it sounds like you're
probably in that category if you don't "get" arrays and hashes.

And, some others in this thread have recommended the new "Learning
Perl", 3rd edition.  I concur... it's a much better book now.
(We learn from our mistakes about teaching. :)