I'm building perl 5.8, and it appears to build OK, except that there is an
"Error Code 1 (ignored)" as shown below:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=my_perl_build_dir ./miniperl -w -llib -MExporter -e '<?>' ||
make minitest
*** Error code 1 (ignored)
rm -f lib/re.pm
cat ext/re/re.pm > lib/re.pm
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=my_perl_build_dir ./miniperl configpm configpm.tmp
sh mv-if-diff configpm.tmp lib/Config.pm
        AutoSplitting perl library

Can the error code REALLY be ignored, and what exactly is generating the
error? I would have expected
that if the "miniperl -w ..." command had failed then "make minitest" would
have run, but the transcript that
follows it does not look like it has come from "make minitest". Also,
minitest is run numerous times after this
and it does not appear to be failing anywhere else.

Also, the last couple of lines at the end of the build are:

cp Errno.pm ../../Errno.pm
*** Error code 1 (ignored)

which suggests that the copy command has failed, but checking the existence
and contents of Errno.pm it
appears to have correctly copied the file! What might be generating this
error? Is it simply being output
by the build scripts because of the earlier minitest failure?

Should I be concerned about any of this?

Thanks

Colin