Nick Diel wrote:
> I am having a hard time getting a regular expression to work the way
> i want it to.  Take the following text: bla bla bla (la la) bla bla
> (di da)
>
> I want to extract the la la to one variable  and di da to antoher
> variable. What I have tried so far is using match variables, but so
> far I am only able to match either just la la or la la) bla bla (di
> da.
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

        If the parens are the factor then you could try something like:

        if ( /.+\(([^)]+)\).+\(([^)]+)\)/ ) {
            $My1stVar = $1; # include everything up to the next right ) in $1 after
finding a left (
            $My2ndVar = $2; # include everything up to the next right ) in $2 after
finding a left (
       }else {
           # no hit on var(s), what do you want to do
       }

Wags ;)

This message contains information that is confidential
and proprietary to FedEx Freight or its affiliates.
It is intended only for the recipient named and for
the express purpose(s) described therein.
Any other use is prohibited.