On 16 Jul 2003 11:28:31 -0700, Joel Lopez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to get this perl script to work, but I'm can't seem
> to figure out why it's not working.  You can see it here:
>
> http://shawn.apocabilly.org/PGP/examples/example2-1.txt
>
> When I run it I get this on my screen:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] imagemagick]# ./helloworld2
> Use of uninitialized value in subtraction (-) at ./helloworld2 line 31.
> Use of uninitialized value in addition (+) at ./helloworld2 line 31.
> Use of uninitialized value in addition (+) at ./helloworld2 line 31.
> Use of uninitialized value in subtraction (-) at ./helloworld2 line 31.
> ‰PNG

<snip image data>

> I first typed it in, but then after I couldn't get it to work I copied
> and pasted it into a file.
>
> I'm using Red Hat 8 and have updated the libgd C library to version
> 1.8.4 and then used cpan to install GD.
>
> I ran the demo for libgd and it made the graphic it was supposed to so I
> think it's working ok.  Is there anyway to find out if everything is
> installed correctly?

What makes you think it didn't work correctly? The script just prints the image data
to the screen, which is basically what that garbled mess was in your e-mail.  Try
opening a file to write the image to, then print it to the handle, then open the image
in a image viewer....

As an option first try to capture the output of the script to a file and open that in
the image viewer:

./helloworld2 > output.png

The other messages are just warnings that we can help you get rid of later.

http://danconia.org