Howdy all,

I've confirmed that my test script is choking on retr()

I've confirmed that the file exists

my $guts;
my $size = $ftp->size($file)
if(defined $size) {
        my $retr = $ftp->retr($file);
        $retr->read($guts, $size);
        $retr->close();
        $r .= "I am done trying to get $file";
} else { $r .= "$file size is not defined"; }

This routine eventually does
return $r; and if I change $file to a fake name I get the "$file size is not defined"
returned
Otherwise it hangs unless I comment out the 3 $retr lines.

Before I go and do a whole bunch more tests could anyone tell me if I'm even doing
retr() correctly and if the way I'm doing it will place the contents of $file on the
server I'm connected to via FTP into the variable $guts like I'm expecting.

Any insights or experience?

Thanks!

Dan