thanks a lot !!!!

is it possible to do the same w/o using a package...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 8:49 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: time difference in milliseconds

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 20:39:36 +0530, "Hemant Desai" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> hi ,
>
> am trying to benchmark some code and it requires the time difference in
> milliseconds
>

> $st_time = {get time in milliseconds);
> {
> do something
> }
> $end_time = {get time in milliseconds);
>
> get difference ($dlta = $end_time - st_time);

You didn't ask a question, so I assume you are trying to determine how to
get the time in millisecond intervals, check out the Time::HiRes module on
CPAN. (Might be default with 5.8.0).

http://search.cpan.org/author/JHI/Time-HiRes-1.49/HiRes.pm

http://danconia.org

http://danconia.org