> Hi all,

Howdy

> I have downloaded and installed perl with apache and php
>
> Here are the readme file folders for each part of the packaged file
> Perl-5.8-win32-bin-0.1.exe
>
> openssl-0.9.6h
> php-4.23
> mod_perl-2.0
> httpd-2.0.43
> AP804_source
>
> I have apache running ok and perl,  but I can't get the hello
> world file for
> php to display Hello World

> <?php
> $myvar = "Hello World";
> echo $myvar;
> ?>

Basically you'd probably have to ask a php list why it's not working or just not use
php.
Php blows and when we upgraded to apache 2 php had a big prob;em running so we had to
phpbb.
That's been a while ago though so I'm sure that bug has been squashed.

But I've my life asa sysadmin/ web developer to be so much easier to use Perl
exclusively and avoid php all together.

Perl does everything it does plus about a zillion other things.

HTH

DMuey